/ projects / gittags /
GitTags is a GitHub based Discord Bot, which retrieves tag information from any public GitHub repository.
How to Use
- Create a public GitHub repository
- Create a folder within it named
- Create any file within the folder. This filename will be the name of the tag
- Tell the bot to retrieve the tag, with the
git>[name of file]command.
In order to execute administrative commands, a different prefix is used to differentiate it from regular tags.
- Retrieve Tag:
git>[name of file]
- Use the default GitHub repository.
- Use the [owner]/gittag repository.
- Use the [owner]/[repo] repository.
- Get information about where GitTags is currently pointing to
- Obtain text with the tag name